Beaver County School District
Beaver High School Principal - Job Opening
Beaver School District
P.O. Box 31, 290 North Main Street, Beaver, UT 84713
Principal – Belknap Elementary
Hours: 210 Day Contract, Salary: Competitive
DEFINITION: Under the general direction of the Superintendent, the Principal will have the overall responsibility for the effective implementation of all district programs within the Belknap Elementary School. As chief administrative officer of the school and supervisor of its instructional program, the Principal shall provide the leadership in creating an environment conducive to skillful creative teaching and optimum learning. Belknap Elementary is located in Beaver, Utah. It is a K-6 school with approximately 500 students.
- Must hold a valid State of Utah Administrative Endorsement or will be able to complete such endorsement within a 6 month time table.
- Must be aware of District and State policies and procedures.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively to express ideas and provide information in concise and understandable verbal and written forms.
- Effectively communicate with tact, discretion, and courtesy in dealings with district administrators, colleagues, staff, and the general public.
- Must have vision and wisdom, inspiring and motivating the building staff and student body towards the accomplishment of the district’s mission.
- Must have a working knowledge, or the ability to gain such knowledge, and will be willing to follow the district’s budgetary policies and procedures.
- Must be an innovative leader that cultivates a culture of critical and creative thinking that takes on challenges.
- Must be technologically knowledgeable with curriculum, hardware and software.
- Must be familiar with the Utah State Core, Teaching and Leadership Standards.
- Must be familiar with the Utah State Core Literacy Model.
- Must be familiar with the Professional Learning Community Concept.
(1) Essential Job Functions
- Provide primary education leadership in the Belknap Elementary School
- Act as chief administrative and financial officer of the Belknap Elementary School and supervisor of the instructional program.
- The principal shall provide leadership in creating an environment conducive to skillful creative teaching and optimum learning.
- The principal shall report directly to the District Superintendent or designated district level administrator.
- The principal will be responsible for the development and maintenance of:
- Safe, comfortable physical facilities.
- Effective and positive partnerships with families and community members.
- A vision of educational excellence that is scientifically or evidence based, and which supports individual achievement and diversity.
- School Improvement Plan
- Provide proper instruction, supervision, and disciplining of students.
- Must be able to evaluate student achievements and report progress or lack of progress to the Parents, Board of Education and District Administration.
- Keep records of students as required by the district.
- As an extension of district administration, the Principal will be responsible for the adherence to and implementation of all applicable district, state, and federal policies and laws.
- The principal shall perform timely and effective evaluations of professional and support staff in accordance with the current district evaluation program.
- The principal or his/her designee shall handle all complaints affecting his/her school, investigate the same, redress legitimate grievances when possible, and refer to the superintendent or his/her designee concerns which he/she cannot adjust satisfactorily.
- The principal shall be responsible for ordering all supplies, textbooks, equipment and all materials necessary for the operation of the school. All financial, budget and purchasing policies will be adhered to in the ordering process.
- The principal shall be ultimately responsible for all discipline of students and staff in the BES. Current district policies, including Orderly Termination, Reduction in Force, Student Conduct, and Safe Schools, are to be consulted and followed.
- Another part-time district assignment is anticipated.
(2) Other Job Functions
- Other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates will need to submit to the district office no later than 4:00 p.m. May 8, 2015, the following:
a. BCSD Application for Employment and Background Information Request
b. Letter of intent
c. Current resume’
d. 3 current letters of recommendation
e. transcript of credits indicating your level of education
f. copies of certifications.
Interested candidates will need to submit the following:
- BCSD Application for Employment (.doc) and Background Information Request obtained from the District Office or at our website www.beaver.k12.ut.us
- Letter of intent
- Current resume’
- 3 current letters of recommendation
- Transcript of credits indicating your level of education and copies of certifications
Submit all items to:
Beaver County School District
P.O. Box 31 291 North Main Street
Beaver, UT 84713
Phone: (435) 438-2291
Position Closes at 4:00 p.m. on May 8, 2015
Applications received after 4:00 p.m. May 8, 2015, will not be accepted.
Anticipated interview dates will be between May 11-15
Equal Opportunity Employer
Affirmative Action and ADA
2014-2015 School Calendar
Schools Open on Wednesday, August 20, 2014